Wednesday 30 April 2014

Z is for Zouk

I do not know enough words beginning with 'Z' so what did I do? I turned to my good friend Google and I picked out a word I liked the sound of. I have no idea how to pronounce it but I like the sound of how I say it in my head, I'm not going to say it out loud as I am alone apart from Felix and talking to cats is pretty much the first sign of being crazy.

Zouk -
         "An exuberant style of popular music combining Caribbean and Western elements and having a fast heavy beat"

Apparently its origins are from the Guadeloupian Creole term "to party" and sounds good to me. I want to go out and I want to drink too much and make some sketchy choices - not too sketchy though I promise, maybe just smiling at random strangers or walking home in your best friends shoes. I think its because I missed out on the party stage of university - I haven't got bored of it yet and I still sometimes think that mixing drinks, doing jagerbombs and doing tequila shots is a good idea when I know that I cannot handle my alcohol. I like dancing and still wear stupidly high heels out when all my university friends have learnt that Converses are your best friend.

I want to go dancing - someone take me out!!!
But I don't want a hangover - please?




No comments:

Post a Comment