Saturday 21 June 2014

How to Get Rid of Dandruff Naturally


I have had a very dry itchy scalp recently caused by a small cut and no matter how many times I tried anti dandruff shampoo it really wasn't working and the problem was spreading! So I started looking online for other treatments and found a lot of different methods and found that the below worked for me and hopefully it will work for you...

You will need:
Comb or hard bristled brush
Olive oil
Clingfilm
Microwaveable Mug
Spray Bottle (I got mine from Boots for £1.55)
White Vinegar (I used White Wine as this is what I had but many websites recommended Apple Cider Vinegar)


1. Put olive oil in a mug and microwave for about 30 seconds. The amount you need will depend upon the length of your hair but for my hair which is mid length and quite thick I used approx quarter of a mug.

2. Section hair and brush into roots and through the length of the hair. You will look like a 90's boy band member but it's really worth it! Massage oil into hair and once all damp, wrap head in a crazy clingfilm turban. This is so it doesn't dry out. You will look silly but the little kids didn't even bat an eyelid! Leave for 10-15 mins.

3. While waiting mix your vinegar mix. I used approximately 6 parts water to 1 part vinegar and this worked for me but you might need to experiment with this. I coloured my hair about six months ago and I do feel this did alter the colour slightly. Not by much but if this is something you are worried about then I wouldn't recommend this bit.

4. Once your time is up wash with normal shampoo. My favourite is the Aussie Miracles Daily Shampoo as it doesn't create build up. You may need to wash twice and be very careful that you don't slip in the shower!

5. Once shampoo rinsed spray hair with vinegar mix. You can either rinse this off (which I prefer) or you can leave on (which can leave your hair smelling of vinegar). You don't need to condition and the vinegar mix is an excellent detangler.

I use this method every couple of weeks and it really works for me. Let me know if you decide to try this method and how you get on.


2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the tips, definitely going to try out the olive oil idea!
    :)

    ReplyDelete