So to take the panic off here are 10 thoughts I'm having before a first date:
1. "Ok so what do I wear?" Trivial but oh so important
2. "What if he thinks I'm crazy?" I am crazy but I don't want him to think that, similar thoughts on if he thinks I'm loud, annoying or a bitch
3. "What if he's crazy?" I am having thoughts ranging between a little eccentric to straight jacket wearing psychopath
4. "I will spill something down myself" We are going to eat - I am going to look like a complete an utter idiot who cannot feed herself. I went out on Wednesday and spilled food down a baby blue dress, I laughed, my friend laughed, until the waitress pointed it out and I wanted to smash her in the face (please see note 2)
5. "What if he's boring?" I am pretty rubbish at forced inane social chit chat unless I am drunk and as I am driving tonight this will not be the case, if he ain't got nothing to say then I would rather through myself off the pier
6. "What if he thinks I'm boring?" I'm not so not even going to happen ;)
7. "What if I don't like him?" I don't really know this man/bloke/guy/person - I've seen his picture, chatted to him online and thought yeah he's nice but if he's not then I am a bad judge of character.
8. "But what if I do like him?" I am getting through this by convincing myself it's a one and only but what if I actually like him? What if he doesn't like me back?
9. "What if he doesn't turn up?" This brings back issues of my thirteenth birthday party where literally no one came and I balled my eyes out, fear of throwing parties complex ever since.
10. "What am I going to eat?" This isn't really date related I'm just hungry!
Any tips from you professional daters out there?
Am I being crazy?
Wish me luck!!