Sunday 8 February 2015

Banana & Salted Caramel Muffins

I've been a bad blogger recently so I'm a blogger bearing a muffin recipe as an apology because nothing says sorry like cake...



I hate yellow bananas - I hate the smell, hate the texture, hate the little stringy bits that attach from the skin (I couldn't think of the word for the outer of a banana then - I wanted to say shell) That's not to say I don't like bananas but I am very fussy regarding their ripeness - too green they taste like plant, too yellow well they taste too much like a banana (which you could say is ultimately the point about a banana but you know I'm weird - I'm not denying it) So this recipe uses up all those bananas that are too ripe for my liking but I'm way too cheap to throw away


This recipe also calls for my favourite Hotel Chocolat treat - half a tub of their Salted Caramel & Pecan chocolate spread. It is fairly expensive but bloody delicious - even just spread on the top of a plain biscuit - but if you did want to leave it out I don't think you would find the plain banana muffin unappetizing in the slightest! To get the spread into the batter I melted it as the consistency is really thick so quite difficult to incorporate otherwise.

I'm also pretty rubbish at getting the batter into the muffin cases - there was batter bloody everywhere. I blame it on the fact that my muffin cases are too big for the muffin tin - nothing to do with lack of coordination.

So please make my bad blogger banana & salted caramel muffins and let me know what you think







No comments:

Post a Comment