Friday 2 August 2013

Wet Tshirt Friday

You know your life has hit rock bottom when you tell your boss in front of a room of your colleagues that "You are really happy when you are wet"

Another case of engage mouth before engaging brain, cue me getting very flustered and wandering off muttering "well you know what I mean"

Let's give you the back story.

My boss, professional man in his mid thirties with 3 children, decided that it would be a really funny idea to prick in a pin in my water bottle while I was at lunch. He did it to my friend who noticed straight away, they laughed about it and I don't know why I didn't click that he would have done the same thing to me!!
Now to start off with the hole wasn't big enough to cause me any problems, the bottle was making a weird noise but I ignored it. It wasn't until I filled it up and while I was carrying it up the stairs with 4 other people's water bottles that I realised I was getting very damp! Now I thought that I had put the lid on not quite properly or something and then I clicked. I tried drinking from it and completely covered my desk and to say I was a little bit grumpy was an understatement at that time. I chucked the whole bottle in the bin completely filled with water and had a hissy fit.

Boss: "I was just trying to have some fun and make people happy"
Me: "Yeah because I'm really happy when I'm wet"



Dammit!! Why can I not think before I speak??

Let me know some of the times you wish you have wished that you could take back the words that just came from your mouth so that I don't feel quite so alone in my embarrassment. I quickly left after that comment, I'm so glad it's the weekend! 

No comments:

Post a Comment